What kinda of worm do I have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phelps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know this will be hard to say without a picture, ut everytime I get close with a camera it disappears. So with as good a description as I can give can someone help determine what I have and if I need to rid my tank of it. I purchased a LR today from the LFS I did not see this critter on the rock before I bought it. It is about 1 1/2" long (could be longer never saw it come completely out of it hiding place in the LR. Is pink in color on the part I would consider the head and turns purple towards the rear. It appears to be Prickly ( or fuzzy might be a better description) and the prickles are white. Can someone help?

Without a pic, we can really only guess. My guess would be a typical bristle worm. They are good to have. You might want to try feeding the tank, they will stick out and you should be able to get a decent pic.

I'm Still getting used to these forums, Thanks for moving it to the correct forum for me fluff. Roka64 I will try to feed again today and get a pic online this evening. I did notice that after feeding with frozen brine shrimp the worm made its appearance.

phelps said:
I'm Still getting used to these forums, Thanks for moving it to the correct forum for me fluff.

Not a problem. :)

They are great scavengers and help keep things clean behind and within the rockwork. Be careful over feeding though because if food is abundant, the worms will be as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom