What might this be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauramichelle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just discovered several of these white tube things. All of a sudden tentacles will appear, then pull back quickly. Is this something safe? Thank you

image-1407131417.jpg

image-1378828134.jpg

I also had these in my old tank- growing like crazy. I was told by my LFS that they're safe- they provide extra filtration. Is this right? If this is not right what would get rid of them?

Man, these saltwater tanks remind me of space :D so many ppl have life forms growing without a clue what they are! Sooo interesting! Almost makes me wanna make the switch :)

Man, these saltwater tanks remind me of space :D so many ppl have life forms growing without a clue what they are! Sooo interesting! Almost makes me wanna make the switch :)

You should!! They're not too difficult to get going. Just need to keep diligent about your maintenance.

You should!! They're not too difficult to get going. Just need to keep diligent about your maintenance.
Ha! Im still so very new! Im 15 days into a fish in cycle on my 55! I came here after getting an aquarium kit for my birthday, complete with fish, typical newbie mistake, knew nothing of the cycle! Came here and am still learning! Seriously tho, I been lurking in the saltwater section of the forums and these tanks are soooo fascinating! If I ever make it thru this fw deal I may consider the plunge to sw, I am very diligent with testing and wc. I have to admit that the thought of a sw tank is very intimidating for a newb like myself! Very beautiful they are though :)

AquaRick said:

To be honest my saltwater tank has probably cost as much as 5 FW tanks of the same size to setup but its been 10x easier to take care of...if done right and the time taken to research its actually quite easy...I've ran into more problems with every one of my FW then my SW

I've had FW tanks in the past....none of them have come close to how beautiful my saltwater tanks and coral are. I think all freshies are just salties who are scared to make the switch! :brows:

make the switch cut cost by finding used deals online its easier then people think just start simple with the basics then expand and upgrade as you learn u can always find established saltwater tanks completely set up online for dirt cheap

Back
Top Bottom