What sort of slug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pngdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all....just wondering what species of slug this is...I am thinking its a brown sea slug....but I am only 10 weeks new at this, so it's just a guess. I didn't buy it, so it must have been stowed away in my live rock that I boughtImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422154298.121671.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422154326.957270.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

More of the same......also the other things in my tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422157424.059763.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422157467.310176.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422157561.465099.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422157586.179891.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422157613.289383.jpg
Any ideas to what species?

Limpet is your sea slug. Took me much searching through my stuff to ID it from the similar one I had in my tank back in 2012.
Then you have 2 receding brain corals, I think Favia as they do not share walls.
The guys with the tentacles are aiptasia, glass anemone. They are a pest and need removed with a product like aiptasia-x, joe's juice, or injecting the mouth with boiling water or lemon juice.

Limpet is your sea slug. Took me much searching through my stuff to ID it from the similar one I had in my tank back in 2012.
Then you have 2 receding brain corals, I think Favia as they do not share walls.
The guys with the tentacles are aiptasia, glass anemone. They are a pest and need removed with a product like aiptasia-x, joe's juice, or injecting the mouth with boiling water or lemon juice.

Thank you good sir...I will try the lemon juice first, then if no good get onto some real poison. While I have your ear, seems I have acquired a pencil urchin on some new rock. Are they any good or bad for anything?

Ok...so best to oust the beast when I see it next.....

Nice to know. Thanks again for your help

Just nailed a good size aptasia with .5ml lemon juice......see how this goes....after suffering the strange looks at a pharmacy when I asked for needle and syringe...lol.....what are you injecting......"lemon juice" the look on the chemist face....priceless.

Well......the lemon juice seems to work!

Glad it is working out for you. There are several things in the hobby that will get you looks. The look when you are in checkout with 15 gallons of water filling an entire cart...the look when you ask for ONE cocktail shrimp...

Glad it is working out for you. There are several things in the hobby that will get you looks. The look when you are in checkout with 15 gallons of water filling an entire cart...the look when you ask for ONE cocktail shrimp...

So true LOL!

Back
Top Bottom