What the heck are these two things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hyosafi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 100 g tank thats been up for 2 months. I noticed both of these things right from the beginning.

I have about 4 or 5 of these around the tank. They are all about 1/4" - 1/2" in diameter and rather unattractive. Fortunately, most of them are in harder to notice places, but they do seem to have gotten a little larger.

unidentified1.jpg

Then there is this thing. Its on the side of one of one of the rocks and is about 1/2" in diameter.

unidentified2.jpg

So what are these?

First one is aptaisia the second is majano. Both bad, you can find lots of previous topics on both (including erradication techniques and suggestions) using the search feature.

I agree with Kevin. You`ll need to get rid of them before they take over the tank.

Joe Juice does the trick for me. I just eradicated sevela aptasia that were on some coral frags someone gave me tonight. Just becareful if you have an mushrooms in the tanks as it can hurt them as well.

HTH,

Thanks guys. It looks like I'll be ordering some Joes Juice tonight. I searched the board and that seems like the preferred method.

Back
Top Bottom