What the heck is this thing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just purchased 40 lbs of LR from liverocks.com and I found a lot of life on my rocks. Unfortunately, aiptasia was one specimen. This morning I found another critter that kind of freaks me out. It looked like a worm of some sort with several legs. It was about 3 inches long and the girth of about the diameter of a dime almost. It looked predatory but it hid in the rocks before I could get a chance to get it out. Any ideas what this mystery guest might be?

Thanks.

JW

OK just got another look at him. He looks like some kind of shrimp and is about the size I mentioned before. He hid before I could net him and get him outta there though.

They will just go about eating your snails, shrimp and crabs. They can also take down small fish. You can try to trap him using a bottle trap or one of the commercially sold mantis traps. Do a search on mantis traps, you should get alot of info. Good luck.

flush it, it will eat all of your cleaning crew, then move to fhises and then coral. flush it!!!!!! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom