What type of anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its better facing up! Why are you touching it? Just leave it be. I don't want to come down on you for rushing in and buying a nem so soon but you should be aware that its not an ideal scenario and I don't see I great future for this nem. You water might be fine now but it needs to be fine everyday, all the time. New systems fluctuate, no fault of your own they just do that's why you have to take things slowly in the salt water game. When I started my tank I tested weekly (sometimes more) and wrote down in a notebook temp, salinity, amm, nitrites, nitrates, ph and phos. About 7 months later I started to see the same numbers across the board and then added a nem.

The reason I was touching it was the girl at the store told me to try and take it off the rock to bring it back it. I took it back to the store on my rock so I returned it. I'd say I rushed into it but it was fine back in their tanks and it looked the same as in my tank I got nervous about it so I didn't want it to die so I got my money back. Need to figure out some easier corals to start off with in my tank

Oh that's alright then, they do shrink or close over if they are being moved. Good for you for taking it back, best to start with some easier to care for corals and build up from there...

zoas are great. highly recommend. star polyps are easy too, frogspawn or hammer corals have the flowy nem look but are much easier to care for.

Back
Top Bottom