What type of anemone is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all!
Can I get an ID on this anemone please?
It doesn't seem to be sticky or want to attach to rock so guessing its an lta?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c8f8ea1cd2e35113abc771138cad727e.jpg

I think it's a malu nem. Only saying this because a bought one today. From what I have read they prefer to be on the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The Malu Sebae Anemone is a less common form of the Sebae Anemones with its longer tentacles, and colored tips

Malu Sebae Anemone is a delicate anemone, and easily damaged. It can also be difficult to acclimate, so its care should only be attempted by the experienced aquarists. It prefers to have a sandy substrate allowing its base to be hidden from sight. It should not be placed on a rock. It requires strong lighting, moderate water flow, porous live rock, and a variety of sandy and rocky locations from which it can choose to live. It is a moderately difficult anemone to care for, but once acclimated, it can be very hardy.

From liveaquaria.com

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks all :)
Have returned him to the seller as he told me it was a bubble tip and it was a bit closed up when i got it so i couldn't tell

Most def not a bubble tip. Both the sebae and malu are difficult anemone to keep, like stated above. Once acclimated, they can be just as hardy as other anemone, but just like all anemone if they don't have stable, pristine water conditions and proper lighting to provide them the energy to live they will fade away and die.

Back
Top Bottom