What type of coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
My local chain pet store sold me this for $6 and said it was a condy anemone.......obviously I knew it wasn't and told the guy but he insisted it was a "special breed" of condy. Anyways....what type of coral is this? It seems to be doing good with my other corals (all softies). It also has a large white sponge and a blue sponge underneath the rock they r on.....

Attachments

• image-514708022.jpg
    image-514708022.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 91
Haha special Condy huh!! Lmao!! That was a really well informed associate. $6 is cool though, good score.. Look like possibly Cinnamon polyps.

Those look like palys to me. Either that or zoas that weren't getting enough light.

I do see some bubble algae. You'll want to get rid of that. Don't pop it, it'll make it spread. Do you have any Mithrax or emerald crabs, they eat that stuff. Otherwise manual removal is best.

I have an emerald crab.....he has worked on it a little.....I figured for $6 I would deal withthe bubbles if he didn't....

Just keep an eye on it, as it's not their favorite snack, but will eat if nothing else is available. Good find for 6 bucks!

Good luck

Hahaha thats so far from a cody!!

Anyway..def sole type of paly. Could be cinnamon palys, but those get bigger right? Maybe they are young ones!

Lol....i called today to see if they had any sun coral.....the girls said " no we have several different anemones but we don't sell coral" sheesh......i told her that I know they always sell coral there and her reply was...." I'm the saltwater expert .. .if we sold coral I would know!" lololololol.......

Back
Top Bottom