What type of star is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flreefer

Aquarium Advice Addict
View attachment 77619

When I feed, arms come out from everywhere. Never saw it as a problem, but I think they are eating my refuge plants. Would a Harlaquin shrimp in the refuge solve this, or should I even worry about it?

I've had a serpant star in since the start(2006), that got really beat up, but survived. Could he populate the tank all by himself? Not sure how they breed.

They breed fast. My tank started with a few and is packed with them now. Mini brittle stars

They are quite common I have some in my sump, when I researched mini starfish I found about 95%are reef safe the other 5% go for corals. If he's in your refuge I would bet he's safe and harmless

Reeffanman said:
They are quite common I have some in my sump, when I researched mini starfish I found about 95%are reef safe the other 5% go for corals. If he's in your refuge I would bet he's safe and harmless

There's got to be thousands in the tank and refuge! SALE.... 10 baby brittles for a buck! Lol

Back
Top Bottom