What type of worm? Is it dangerous?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boise2409

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have found a rather large worm that apparently hitch hiked in some live rock. I have had the rock for some time, but have not seen this guy until today. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-3562205284.jpg
    image-3562205284.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3713202593.jpg
    image-3713202593.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 111
if its red then its probably a bristle worm,good janitors.If you find a lot then its due to overfeeding.

It is redish brown. I was just surprised at the size, several inches long and 1/8 inch diameter

I just had something like that does it look like this

Attachments

• image-268424858.jpg
    image-268424858.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 70
Boise2409 said:
I have found a rather large worm that apparently hitch hiked in some live rock. I have had the rock for some time, but have not seen this guy until today. Any suggestions?

Looks like a Bristleworm... You will mostly see them at night. They retract somewhat, and can stretch to more that twice its size (when retracted). By the way, don't touch them! They have a nice sting on them.

Boise2409 said:

Oh yeah.... Chances are, you have more than one!

Back
Top Bottom