What's this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLH-l3ioCub3

Aquarium Advice Freak
This stuff grew out of the rock and there's the two different types. Had to cut out the one because it started choking out my zoas. I cut it out once and it grew back. I kinda like it.. Just wondering if anyone knows what it is.

Forgot the pics.

Attachments

• image-4124280320.jpg
    image-4124280320.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1824375531.jpg
    image-1824375531.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1679480895.jpg
    image-1679480895.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 59
Yea that's it! I also spotted the green variation in another spot. This stuff thrives in my tank, Seems like people are willing to buy frags of it. Once it's attached to the rock you can harvest it and it will keep growing back. Kinda wish I had just pruned it instead of cutting the whole thing off. I don't have tangs nor will I ever put one in this 30g but I'll see if my LFS wants this piece so it doesn't go to waste. Thanks guys!

Any Caulerpa species can really proliferate in a tank, if there is nothing to eat it. I would keep it in check, or you will wind up with a tank full of it.
If you weren't so far, I'd take it off your hands, my Tangs would love it!! I have some of the green, small grape in my refuge, and they love it when it's time for a trim! :)

Back
Top Bottom