which corals these are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauramichelle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm not sure which corals these are but I think they might be a green monti, a red plate monti, and a recordea.
Any help would be appreciated.

image-2663342984.jpg

image-969105671.jpg

image-1322755721.jpg

image-723611480.jpg

image-3177072796.jpg

image-722130614.jpg

Lauramichelle said:
I'm not sure which corals these are but I think they might be a green monti, a red plate monti, and a recordea.
Any help would be appreciated.

The first and second pictures actually look like a candy cane coral.Others you're right.

I see where you are coming from with the colour of these first two Rick, although I would say both were Green Monti.

First and second photo appears to be hydnophora.

The coral in the last photo is ricordea.

paulace2372 said:
I see where you are coming from with the colour of these first two Rick, although I would say both were Green Monti.

I was going by what appear to be heads in the coral,look like candy cane heads not fully open.See this picture.

Attachments

• image-735647872.jpg
    image-735647872.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 88
Ok, I added a little coral plankton food. The red plate monti has changed from a flat plate, into a slight bowl shape. I'm assuming to capture food. Correct? Or should I worry?

I wouldn't worry. corals change shape all the time either feeding or when light varies. Observe the behaviour of the corals and over a month or so you will know if there is anything out of the ordinary with them.

Thank you Paulac
Here is a photo of it from this morning. It became sort of fuzzy

image-2956554131.jpg

Ok, so I placed my Ricordea on the sand bed (with plug) as directed. It seems to act like its trying to pull itself off of the plug. Is this normal? Or should I move it? Thank you

image-654878327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom