white spot dot what is on my tank ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they spiral shaped? Probably featherduster worms. If you don't like them, scrape them off. I usually just clean them off my front glass.

Fluff said:
Although I can't really see anything in your pics, I'm sure that's what they are. There is a great hitchhikers link at the top of the identification forum. This link will take you to the page that talks about featherworms. Scroll down about halfway. HTH

http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/main_pages/faq_rock3.htm

this is it small white dot next to the worms they do not say anything about that what is it? :roll:

*quoted from link*

On the glass of my tank, I can see small, white coils that are about 2mm across and have tiny hairs sticking out. What are these guys?

This is probably yet another tube-dwelling polychaete from the Family Spirorbidae. It is yet another harmless filter-feeder that is common in reef aquaria. It is common for these worms to inhabit areas of high water flow, including your tank's plumbing. They readily reproduce via sexual means and often spread throughout the tank, and can generally be considered a sign of a healthy maturing tank.

Same thing. They don't always stay on the glass. They get on your rock, PH's, skimmer, etc. Still nothing to worry about.

Fluff said:
*quoted from link*

On the glass of my tank, I can see small, white coils that are about 2mm across and have tiny hairs sticking out. What are these guys?

This is probably yet another tube-dwelling polychaete from the Family Spirorbidae. It is yet another harmless filter-feeder that is common in reef aquaria. It is common for these worms to inhabit areas of high water flow, including your tank's plumbing. They readily reproduce via sexual means and often spread throughout the tank, and can generally be considered a sign of a healthy maturing tank.

Same thing. They don't always stay on the glass. They get on your rock, PH's, skimmer, etc. Still nothing to worry about.

even after cleaning the tank they allways come back how do I stop this :?:
It is litte hard to clean up :roll: they are somany of them all over the tank and filter, skimmer, rock, all over the glass.

Back
Top Bottom