White spot on flame angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josiehadley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got this flame angel on Sunday, and today I noticed a small white spot on its fin , should I be concerned ?

Attachments

• image-1402933840.jpg
    image-1402933840.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 107
I would certainly watch it closely. Do you have a qt tank if so I would move it in there just to make sure I didn't contaminate the main tank.

I have a spare 10 gal , but it's not set up, would it be worth setting up?

Well if he has ich and he stays in there in will contaminate your whole tank in which case you would have to remove the other fish to a qt tank to treat them and leave the main tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks. Just make sure its a spot and not a piece of sand or something before you go through all this.

That's what I thought it was at first , but it's been there all day, and he swims between the rocks pretty close, so of it were sand It should have fallen of my now I would think.

Ich is in your tank already. Nothing you can do but keep the other fish from being stressed. I just lost my flame angel as well to ich, and all other fish are fine. Just try to keep him well fed to help keep his strength up to fight it.

Ich is in your tank already. Nothing you can do but keep the other fish from being stressed. I just lost my flame angel as well to ich, and all other fish are fine. Just try to keep him well fed to help keep his strength up to fight it.
That won't work it needs to be treated with either copper or hypo those are the only two proven cures for ich, neither can be done in your main tank

Of course, won't cure it, but if you keep up the Heath and immune system the fish can live with it and be asymptomatic. Good idea for those of us who don't have a QT tank.

A fish will more then likely not suvive ich if not treated and most of the time they don't eat or eat very little. Everyone should have some sort of qt tank or your just asking for more troubles to come.

A fish will more then likely not suvive ich if not treated and most of the time they don't eat or eat very little. Everyone should have some sort of qt tank or your just asking for more troubles to come.

I got another hippo not long ago and. Seems to.have ick ... But he eats and swim alot so im guessing hell b fine ?

If he has ich I doubt that he'll be fine. The ich if left untreated will get down it the sand and multiply and infect your hole tank the fish will become covered and eventually succumb to the parasite.

If he has ich I doubt that he'll be fine. The ich if left untreated will get down it the sand and multiply and infect your hole tank the fish will become covered and eventually succumb to the parasite.

Yea.but I heard that once it falls that's when is best to be treated cuz when they on the fish ... The skin of the fish or slime of them prevents it to b treated that's y is best to way when it's on the sand

Yea.but I heard that once it falls that's when is best to be treated cuz when they on the fish ... The skin of the fish or slime of them prevents it to b treated that's y is best to way when it's on the sand
Yes thats true when they've fallen off is when their at risk but I'm not sure what your point is. You have to have some form of meds to kill them when they've fallen off. And if your going to use anything I would use cupramine by seachem and also do not use any thing in your main tank if you have inverts. you will also have to leave your tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks to assure that the ich in your main tank are dead.

Yes thats true when they've fallen off is when their at risk but I'm not sure what your point is. You have to have some form of meds to kill them when they've fallen off. And if your going to use anything I would use cupramine by seachem and also do not use any thing in your main tank if you have inverts. you will also have to leave your tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks to assure that the ich in your main tank are dead.

Yup they supposedly die if they don't.have a host to eat or attach to that's... Were the.2 months of cashless comes in but thx for the med info im gonna try order both or one of them first thx

Just a heads up, you can't use both meds at the same time it could kill the fish. You would have to remove one completely before using another. I've used cupramine many times and it works great its a less toxic form of copper then other meds so it has less of an adverse effect on the fish.

Just a heads up, you can't use both meds at the same time it could kill the fish. You would have to remove one completely before using another. I've used cupramine many times and it works great its a less toxic form of copper then other meds so it has less of an adverse effect on the fish.

Lol yea I know and sounds good I read on it already order me some :)

Back
Top Bottom