White worm in live rock. Need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a quick question about worms. I was re-ordering my 10gallon nano tank a few days ago. (I have had it running for over a year but never added coral because the water quality sucked and I had horrible algae overgrowth because I was using tap water). I have not purchases a RO system and I am getting the tank in order.

Well I wanted to re-arrange my live rock and I decided I had too much and wanted to remove a large portion of it. So I took it all out and cleaned the tank some, did a water change and then started putting pieces I wanted back in the tank.

In doing this I decided some pieces were too big and I wanted to break them so I got the hammer and screwdriver out and did just that. One piece I broke in half and to my surprise in the middle of this rock was this pretty big white looking work. It was probably 2" inches long and it was the size of a small to medium earthworm in terms of thickness. As soon as it was exposed it began to force itself back into the one half or rock that it was still in.

I have no idea what this was and I just put it back in the tank. I am guessing it is still in that piece of rock or maybe it died.

I would like to figure out what it was and how the heck it could exist in what appeared to me to be a totally sealed rock. I am guessing there had to be some hole that it used to get in or thru the rock but I did not see one.

Anybody got any ideas on what this could be and if it is good or bad to have it in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom