Wierd Infestation! What are these things!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
First it was just 1, then 10, then 20 and now a full blow infestation. What are these things! They are not bothering corals but omg at night they are all over!! It will take forever to pull each one out. Or just leave them? It's literally hundreds....

2ywwsn8.jpg

6yk6d3.jpg

v3zrx4.jpg

If that's what they are. If they are just eating the Alage id say leave them be. Just make sure you don't have a massive die off of them is what I would be worried about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close with the guesses. Those are limpets.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought that's what they were. But omg it's hundreds of them at night. Leave them? I thought some ate corals.

I'd leave them. They want that algae.
That said, they can be dormant for some time. It took a year for one to come out of the rocks in my tank. They are interesting creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got tons of them they spend most there time on the glass , They are good with wiping out algae issues ,

Keep the population down ya know lol

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Never see any of my wrasses touch them , puffer stays away from them haven't seen any other fish mess with them , they are harmless I would just leave them alone . they say they eat coral and sponge but I never seen any such activity, I can only go by what I have witnessed,

Last edited:
Never see any of my wrasses touch them , puffer stays away from them haven't seen any other fish mess with them , they are harmless I would just leave them alone . they say they eat coral and sponge but I never seen any such activity, I can only go by what I have witnessed,

Based on the article in the above post, only certain limpits eat corals and sponges so you may not have had those kinds, thankfully ;) (y)

I've never seen a problem limpet. I don't think we find those types in closed systems too often.

OK I feel alot better cause they are infesting my rocks.... In a good way cause they are mowing down and algae on the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom