Wierd things... (Will add pic later today)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a rock that had a bunch of coral on it... well after having it in my tank a few weeks I started noticing something wierd.

There are these things that kind of look like the legs of the freaky skinny starfish sticking out of the rock in places. They are black and white stripped, kinda like a zebra. They are really small, maybe an inch in lenght and thin as a finger nail. They move on their own will (like wiggle) but do not get up and move from the location.

Does anyone have any idea what they are?

I couldnt take a photo of this stuff. I only have seen the leg parts poking out of what appears to be a solid rock... this still sounds like serpent stars?

Very Cool! I was just about to post an image myself asking what these are, as I just got a couple also from on some live rock. Mine are in a different hole everynight so I figured it was some kind of star.

Here is a pic of my apparent new, banded serpent stars. Thanks Everyone!

JPloman, is this the same as what you have??

clipboardimage4wi.jpg

Sometimes you'll see them but they will be most active a night. They will move from location to location searching for food sources.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom