wow i wish my eyes weren't so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twilyte

Aquarium Advice Regular
was looking around my tank.. and i looked at the base of one of the gorgonians.. and i saw the oddest things. at first i thought it was our CBS's antennae.. but they were thinner.. i saw what appeared to be tentacles? hair-thin white tentacles wrapped around the base, moving.. they had bands of brown equally spaced going along them.. VERY long tentacles. i don't know if at the brown coloration were joints or what. it kind of appeared so. sorry for so many requests of ID, especially without any images.. But can anyone give me a general idea of what MAY this be, at all? very much TIA.

serpent stars are that thin AND long? mind you, i didnt see the "center" or any form of "body" to this guy.. just the long thin "arms". we have a red serp star who has fairly thick arms, and i wouldnt consider him gargantuan.. but this unID'd guy has quite literally tentacles as thin as a strand of hair, yet nearly as long as our red fellow. there was no visible "texture" (like the armory plates of a serpent star), just a slightly segmented appearance at the brown bands.. do you know of any such severely thin, long armed species? my dad remarked it was a worm.. but i dont think so.

ill google for spaghetti worms.. i honestly couldnt see what they were supposed to be in the image. the description DID sound proper. but thanka so much for something to look into.:) thanks all

i didnt see the "center" or any form of "body" to this guy.. just the long thin "arms
I've had serpent and brittle stars living in LR holes for a long long time, they never come out. Just reach their skinny arms through the holes, feeling for food. Try looking at your tank after the lights have been off for a while, that's when most of these little critters leave their lair.

i jsut think its the proportions which are incorrect. maybe a sea spider at best, but definitely not the proportions ive seen on a brittle star. spaghetti worms happen to look like what i've seen. ive also since discovered little red feather dusters. so cute!

Back
Top Bottom