100g what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi i just finished pulling the playsand out of my tank and putting in jbl manado ontop of aquasoil. Had only just planted it so had to be taken out and replanted.. Been a big job. Anyways what do you think so far?

ForumRunner_20130411_200738.jpg

Thanks cant wait till it starts comin on.. I need to get a co2 system set up and move a few rocks back thst are pinning my driftwood down but the end i near.

Unfortunatley alot of my broad leaf plants are dying. I think i need to get another t5 light unit and co2, as ive only got 2x36w t8s and 2x54w t5s ill get some reflectors ordered asap and have to wait a few weeks to replace the t8s for t5s fortunatley i only paid like £20 for 122 plants so im at no great loss but the co2 is gonna sting, £399 for a kit for my tank... Ouch...
But hey ho ... Worst things are happening i moved some of my fish over now and my african leaf fish is sick... Hes got a white mouth and a weird stripe on his nose and my rainbow cichlids began destroying my plants even more so i had to fish them out now and put them back in the old tank untill they are sold :(

I have been using a CO2 booster and fertilizer and New lightbulbs my plants are doing pretty well I bought some balbs to and them are doing good. Your tank looks sweet

What booster and fertz do u use my base is aquasoil with manado gravel both pretty nutrient rich for plants but somethin just isnt working in there. Some plants are doing brilliant others just seem to be rotting. like i say i get my plants unbelivablably cheap so i dont mind replacing the ones that dont do so well with the ones that do.. Problem is i bought 122 plants in bulk which came well packaged with a list of all i bought but i dont know which is which in most cases.. Have to do some googling i think lol

Have u got a pic of ur tank? What set up have u got? Im thinking of setting up a diy co2 system but nervous about gettin bps correct and not causing ph problems in my tank

I've been using this fertilizer You put a cap full of booster in a day seems to be doing a pretty good job but I'm sure CO2 would be better

Attachments

• image-705878949.jpg
    image-705878949.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 140
  • image-1247783390.jpg
    image-1247783390.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2373061340.jpg
    image-2373061340.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 145
Nice tank. Ill have to look at gettin some of that stuff to keep me goin till i can get a pressurized system set up. Does it not affect you ph?

Just an update for those who might be interested, Finished stocking now and pulled all the dying plants and replaced with plants that are doing best

ForumRunner_20130421_203633.jpg

ForumRunner_20130421_203708.jpg

Stocked as follows:
1x african leaf fish
1x leopard frog pleco
8x bleeding heart tetras
5x polkadot loaches
2x kribensis
2x blue ram
2x bolivian ram
7x juvenile angelfish (waiting for a pair)

Dont want to max out the stock level this time around.

Thanks, i searched for over a month for that piece, couldnt just be any old piece lol the guy behind me in the que was p!ssed that i got it. Haha still wasnt cheap £75 but its nice to kno people like it as much as i do :)

Thanks, i searched for over a month for that piece, couldnt just be any old piece lol the guy behind me in the que was p!ssed that i got it. Haha still wasnt cheap £75 but its nice to kno people like it as much as i do :)

You made an excellent selection. My eye is drawn to the wood.

Thanks for all your comments, still havent managed to get co2 or another row of t5s so with 2x54w t5s and 2x 36w t8s i have alot of plants not doing so well but for £19.99 for 122 plants ill just buy some more when i can afford my upgrades might get the 200 plant deal for a bit more.

Finally got some co2, now just hope my plants bounce back.. Thinking of starting over with the 200 plant collection but ill probably wait for the diatoms to settle down. I dont know what im gonna do about algae etc with loaches and an african leaf fish i cant have shrimp or snails, algae eaters will make a meal of my plants.... im thinking of setting up my 10g for feeder/cleaner shrimp which will most definatley get ate but if i can get them breeding i might have a fighting chance in getting a colony together... Im stumped the brown diatoms have destroyed how good my tank was looking :(

Back
Top Bottom