110 Gallon Reef Tank w/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eugeneevans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my first reef tank, so far so good. I will try and update this thread each time I add to the tank and any new pics that manage to catch my eye. I will start with what pictures I have taken and edited down along with the fish name for those of you that want the fish with the pics. Enjoy the thread and pics and any suggestions are welcome.

Reef
- 5 live rocks (various sizes) -
- 1 Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral -
- 1 long tentacle anemone -
- 1 purple tip anemone -
Invertebrates
- 1 Chocolate Chip Starfish -
- 1 Green Brittle Starfish -
- 5 Emerald Crabs -
- 2 Turbo Snails -
- 3 Assassin Snails -
- 1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp -
Livestock Fish
- 3 Green Reef Chromis -
- 2 Maroon Clowns -
- 1 Ocellaris Clown -
- 1 Firetip Firefish -
- 2 Zebra Barred Dartfish -
- 1 Four Striped Damselfish -
- 1 Purple Stripe Dottyback -

Pictured
Green Brittle Starfish, Emerald Crab

Attachments

• Emerald Crab 001-1.jpg
    Emerald Crab 001-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Green Brittle Star 001-1.jpg
    Green Brittle Star 001-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 331
I will post a full tank after the sand settles again. The Gobies I got and the addition of the live rocks and anenome's today kickedup alot of the bottom. Actually here is one now but as u will be able to see its a bit cloudy still. So I will update the pic once the sand all settles back down.

Attachments

• Murky 001.jpg
    Murky 001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 189
Cool, will keep an eye out for more pictures. looks good though from the picture you posted though, love the huge archways!

update 55 gallons

My tank is actually only 55 gallons sad face all good though, I just measured dimensions on tank and it turns out it is 55 gallons.

Read up on the chocolate chip starfish it will eat a lot of corals and inverts I used to have one got rid of it when I went to a reef tank

So far "Chippy" as I call him, has avoided all of my inverts, unfortunatly I had a catastrophe this last 2 weeks. I lost both of my anenome's during my algae issue. While doing water swaps unfortunatly I swapped to much out I think and my PH dropped to very dangerous levels. By the time I found the issue it was to late. Learning from all this has been costly so far but I am not defeated. I am currently piecing together my sump and getting away from the canister pump.

Pictures to come on completion.

Back
Top Bottom