20g high planted, opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice layout. I have a suggestion, have you considered painting the back of the tank black???. It will make all those plants really stand out.....

Yeah I have thought about that, it's a good idea. I'll probably do it. ...is the best way really to paint it though? Because I can't really move the tank now haha.

You can buy rolls of vinyl sheets in craft/hobby store and tape them on. I know many people have tried this instead of painting it. I was a bit worried about painting it myself but after watching some videos on youtube, I took the plunge. I don't regret it for a second. I am actually painting my 10g and 15g this weekend(hopefully!!). I done it a while back on my 55g. It's not that hard really, just half empty the tank, turn it around as far as you can. I done mine with everything still inside, filter tube, heaters, décor and fish!!. I just turn everything off. You could do it in an about 90mins or less.
The vinyl does work but imo, the paint looks the best and you don't have to worry about it coming off....
PS.. It is very easy to do, very cheap, very cool and very easily removed in the future, if needed....

Maybe a few taller plants in the background? I really love the concept, but something seems a bit off with only having a couple tall plants. I think it'd help add more dimension to it.

As for painting the background, I have been wanting to try it, seems fairly easy if you get a roller to do it so you don't have to move it..but other options are: craft paper (I forget what it's called! The thick paper that kids use that comes in all different colors) taped to the back, I personally taped a black trash bag on mine and nobody can tell the difference, vinyl, etc. anything black that you can tape or stick to the back.

Here's mine with the trash bag

Back
Top Bottom