20g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's a few pics of the 20g. Still have the same crappy camera so you still get the same crappy pics. These tanks seem to evolve continuously. Nassarius snails are breeding in this one now...noticed this a couple of days after I ordered a hundred of the little buggers.

I know the tank looks like it's covered in green algae...it's the camera...it doesn't like bright lights...it goes green when you take a pic of anything bright.
Here's a few of the frags I took out of the coral tanks. There is a lobophytum in there also, but I couldn't get the camera to show it as anything but bright white.

Guess I should have given a size reference for the frags. The plugs they are mounted on are 1 3/4" in diameter and about 1" high.

They look nice. I can't wait until I can finally start a salty. Until then read read read.

What sort of lighting do you use?

I was gonna set up another show tank, but my parents say i need to make some money. I think I am gonna start up a 10 gallon prop tank for rics. and xenia. I have been reading lots of info, your tanks look good logan

what is your filtration on the tank? or basically can you discribe the setup a little because i want to set up a 10 gallon for my apartment at school and can't decide on what to do.

kribbz said:
what is your filtration on the tank? or basically can you discribe the setup a little because i want to set up a 10 gallon for my apartment at school and can't decide on what to do.

It's a 20 high with a 10g for a sump. I use an external overflow. There is about 30lbs of LR and a DSB. I have one MJ 400 and one MJ 600 in the tank. The return pump is a MJ 1200. In the sump, which used to be my SW tank, there is an Aqua Clear skimmer with a MJ900 PH. I left the old sandbed in the sump. Lighting is one 20w actinic, one 20w PowerGlo (18,000k?), and one 55w 50/50 PC. One bangaii cardinal rules the tank with an iron fin. Other than the occasional bout with microalgae, due to me being lazy, the tank is very stable. I add about a gallon of make up water a day. I use Kent Tech CB A+B and one drop of Lugols a week.

Back
Top Bottom