35 gallon hex jungle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just did a PWC and thought i would share a picture. Tank has flourite substrate,cryptocorynes, Java fern, guppies, Betta, and light. I probably need to pull some plants out, but I think that they keep the algae down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 84
Every time I think of pulling plants out, I see the guppies weaving through them like they’re playing…then I just leave them in.

Fish love plants, it looks great. I think most fish love a good jungle way more than an Iwagumi. And I love to see happy fish!

What type of Guppies do you have?

I am not really sure Autumn, … they are Fancy Guppies from Pet World that I bought about 10 years ago. They just keep repopulating. I have to keep a Betta with them for population control.

nice tank... I wonder when the last time the gravel was vacuumed?

I never vacuum the substrate. It is SeaChem Flourite and was setup in 2011. The Cryptocorynes and Aponogetons have roots that are pretty well entrenched all over the bottom of the tank. Ammonia and Nitrites are always “0”, so testing for those parameters is pretty much a waste of time. Nitrates are always low. I do PWCs weekly with tap water so the plants can absorb minerals from the water, but I really don’t have to. This tank is pretty effortless to keep.

Just did a PWC and thought i would share a picture. Tank has flourite substrate,cryptocorynes, Java fern, guppies, Betta, and light. I probably need to pull some plants out, but I think that they keep the algae down.
Hello, just curious. When I had a 50gal hex set up to grow out an Oscar I was having problems w/bottom of hex being a dead spot. I had to get a power head angled down in order to get flow & oxygen.
Are your plants helping w/this or do you have something setup that's not visible. Thanks.

Hello, just curious. When I had a 50gal hex set up to grow out an Oscar I was having problems w/bottom of hex being a dead spot. I had to get a power head angled down in order to get flow & oxygen.
Are your plants helping w/this or do you have something setup that's not visible. Thanks.

No. The setup is pretty simple: 1 Eheim 350, 1 100 W heater, 1 Kessil A250 Tuna Sun, Seachem Flourite substrate, and lots of plants. This is probably the easiest tank that I have ever kept. I just change water.

Back
Top Bottom