3ft tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alasse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now this will not be speedy, i have a few other projects on the go, so not expecting this to fly ahead any time soon

Tank: 3'x18"x18"
Capacity: 190litre or 50gal (approx)
Lighting: 4x 39W T5HO
Filtration: Internal (Canister eventually)
Substrate: DIY mix
Heating: 300W
Decor: Wood, Rocks, Live plants
CO2: Yes DIY
Fertz: Trace, Flourish and Excel
Stock: Tiger Barbs, RTBS & some algae type eater

This is very much a work in progress, heaps more plants to be added over time (as i get my hands on them)

img_2970305_0_8ae2b4a71eb32f7f84305cd562092634.jpg

*Java fern will not be staying

Nice flow.. i like the build up to hide the heater! That's a sweet footprint, i just did one with same.. very nice to work with, lots of options! What are you going to plant? That's some pretty decent lighting..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice flow.. i like the build up to hide the heater! That's a sweet footprint, i just did one with same.. very nice to work with, lots of options! What are you going to plant? That's some pretty decent lighting..

I like to have hardware as hidden as possible, nothing worse than heaters/filters etc spoiling the scape.
Still sourcing plants, so really will depend on what i can manage to get. I do want a carpet foreground, so am working on sourcing that too.

I hear you.. I don't so much mind my filter tubes.. they almost become a live background aspect once the algae growth covers in.. the heater is always an eyesore though.. your lfs has a bad plant selection?

Update time

FTS
img_3029697_0_2ec486d548a174f419879170c2f23b90.jpg

The foreground weed needs trimming again lol The giant cardamine will also require trimming and replanting....

I will be ordering some more plants and goodies for the tank tomorrow, and they should arrive early next week

I love the look of this tank. There is just something about planted aquariums.

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh, lawdy. This tank is stunning. Im in love with that bristlenose. Where did you find them?

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice!!! 31 neons huh?! Freaking awesome! !

CNew66 - They are pretty cool. I breed them, so have a supply of juvies :)

Brookster123 - Yep 31, will up the school to 40 next week :)

Thanks guys :)

Cody - The wood i bought from a local pet store, fairly cheaply too. I haunt the store when their wood shipment comes in lol i try to buy the nicest pieces

Thanks guys :)

Cody - The wood i bought from a local pet store, fairly cheaply too. I haunt the store when their wood shipment comes in lol i try to buy the nicest pieces

So you mean a mom and pop kinda shop right? Or is that the wood that's usually by the reptile/terrarium stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom