4 assorted cichlids and fairly nice tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm never thought ide need hiding spaces, im not sure if its a 20 or 29, can you take a guess?,what kind of hiding spaces do you suggest

Some rocks and make caves out of them. They like to hide and once aggression starts up in that size tank you'll be happy they have places to hide and so will they.

Maybe a nice piece of driftwood.

Here's my 75 gallon to give you an idea of scaping. May I also suggest painting the background.

image-3307415671.jpg

image-1110966644.jpg

image-656116083.jpg

Dude your tank is amazing, where did you get the wooden stuff? A pet store?, im in awe your tank is nice, how do i paint a back ground, using wallpaper?

Dude your tank is amazing, where did you get the wooden stuff? A pet store?, im in awe your tank is nice, how do i paint a back ground, using wallpaper?

Thank you. You use a wallpaper sold at the local per store or use black paint and a roller and just roll it on.

The driftwood was from a local fish store. It's a different kinds.

Can I suggest painting or doing a dark background? and you can add more rocks, some nice river rocks etc... But it's coming along.(y)

Can I suggest painting or doing a dark background? and you can add more rocks, some nice river rocks etc... But it's coming along.(y)

I really wish i could paint it but i dont have anywhere to temporarily move my fish, but i may be upgrading to a 40 or 55 gal next week but iile def paint that one and move everything over, but yea still i will be adding more and more as time goes( and get the money) cause geeze it aint cheap im sure you know

I really wish i could paint it but i dont have anywhere to temporarily move my fish, but i may be upgrading to a 40 or 55 gal next week but iile def paint that one and move everything over, but yea still i will be adding more and more as time goes( and get the money) cause geeze it aint cheap im sure you know

I hear ya, you don't have to move the fish to paint the back, just use a roller an ago slow. But I understand if you wanna wait, do what your comfortable with.

I hear ya, you don't have to move the fish to paint the back, just use a roller an ago slow. But I understand if you wanna wait, do what your comfortable with.

But moving the tank will be a pain, iile prob paint the front then movie everything around, get me?, what paint do you use or do you have any tips?

I got ya, tape off everything real good, wash the area your going to paint with rubbing alcohol, let dry and paint!

When you go get the paint just let them know your painting glass, use thin coats rather then one heavy coat, this will help prevent drip.

I got ya, tape off everything real good, wash the area your going to paint with rubbing alcohol, let dry and paint!

When you go get the paint just let them know your painting glass, use thin coats rather then one heavy coat, this will help prevent drip.

Suppose i want to remove the paint, is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom