50 gallon Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
Just wanted to share some pics of my "babies" that inhabit my 50 gal planted tank. This tank is home to a Blue three spot Gourami, Silver Angelfish, Black Skirt Tetra, Black Neon Tetra, Pristella Tetra, Otocinclus, Nerite Snails, Red Cherry Shrimp, and Bumble bee shrimp. Pictures are taken with a Canon XTI (50mm lens).

img_1542499_0_f486f17b52a4e217a06a3ad9f7045ebe.jpg

img_1542499_1_27a309816bcb4fb2d6a90c3998a47495.jpg

img_1542499_2_71c617eece12890e38b377f8d211d159.jpg

img_1542499_3_92321a24ffa88e85bb099e818caf8a3c.jpg

img_1542499_4_5f0a6fcf8e97bf7c50c0d5c42b673d07.jpg

Sorry. Ive got microsword stuck in my head. Does chain sword grow fast is the question that I wanted to ask. And you already answered. What is your watts per gallon? Just as a reference for my tank.

That looks nice. I really like all the plants. You have arranged them very well. LOVE the little angels. I have to also say, that is nice to see somebody who keeps their baby angels in a big enough tank and keeps them with good-sized tankmates! Congrats!

Sorry. Ive got microsword stuck in my head. Does chain sword grow fast is the question that I wanted to ask. And you already answered. What is your watts per gallon? Just as a reference for my tank.

Well, my angels eat/dig up my chainsword in this tank, so most of what is left is blyxa. The foreground of my 20 gal is 100% chainsword though and I found that once the plant was established and had started a runner, it grew *very* quickly- you could literally see growth daily. That tank has 2+ wpg T5 lighting. If I remember correctly, I started out with 1 chainsword plant on either side of the tank and had decent cover in about 3 months or so.

That looks nice. I really like all the plants. You have arranged them very well. LOVE the little angels. I have to also say, that is nice to see somebody who keeps their baby angels in a big enough tank and keeps them with good-sized tankmates! Congrats!

Thanks.. I keep all the biggest plants to the back so everyone still has swimming space. :)

You continue to impress me with your aquascaping masterpieces :)

Quick question though...how do you take the pics? I have a good-quality camera but the problem is that it's got an automatic flash so it makes the tank look like it's got no lighting, and when I turn off the flash it gets all blury...

You continue to impress me with your aquascaping masterpieces :)

Quick question though...how do you take the pics? I have a good-quality camera but the problem is that it's got an automatic flash so it makes the tank look like it's got no lighting, and when I turn off the flash it gets all blury...

Thanks!

I have similar issues with Canon powershot. Luckily I also have a Canon XTI which I use in the no flash mode so there is no flash glare. Comes in handy for aquarium pics!

Back
Top Bottom