50 Gallow Lake Malawi Tank *PICS & VID*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, mpanga's look like a cross between a female kenyi, demasoni, and an acei. I'd love to have some, is this a local that has them?

no just a guy in nicholasville (not BLC). he has a female kenyi, an acei, a blue zebra, and a mpanga red.

i just want a female kenyi so bad. i love the way they look.

he wouldn't sell/trade me his acei. i even offered him both of my powder blues for it. i am supposed to go get a small female kenyi from him later.

Hey quick question, first video second page looks to be a pleco in the setup ? am i corect. Is that if i am right advisable, wont all those african cichlids eat all the algea ?
Great aquarium, only thing i could think of is it needing more rock.

Hey quick question, first video second page looks to be a pleco in the setup ? am i corect. Is that if i am right advisable, wont all those african cichlids eat all the algea ?
Great aquarium, only thing i could think of is it needing more rock.

yeah i have a rubber nose pleco in there. he's only about 2" long and won't get more than 4 or 5. i just kept him in there along with my rainbow shark when i added all the cichlids. he's out cleaning rocks and what not all the time and they never pay him any attention.

Looks great. I used to have malawi cichlids and really loved them, but I wanted other fish so I sold them all. I've been think hard about getting another tank for mbunas. I just saw a couple weeks ago on Planet Earth they went under lake malawi and it was beautiful. Really made me want them more.

got a bunch of free fish today, about 6 acei and 4 more labs, so now i'm way overstocked. gotta start narrowing it down. i'm thinking of having only labs and acei in there (8 and 7).

also got a monster piece of driftwood for $20! i know this can be bad for the PH but i couldn't pass on it. i'm gonna make sure i keep it in the right range. as far as aquascaping i could not be happier with the way it looks.

water is really cloudy from moving everything around but here's a quick pic.

img_1150332_0_c13dfdfd82cc3cd643e0cc3ca8684aef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom