amusing hermit crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redchick2

Aquarium Advice Freak
This picture was just a trick of the crabs movements, but it really looks like he is saying "Oh Nooooo!" in true Mr. Bill fashion. The chocolate chip starfish did not bother him (was probably too full of shrimp) lol

thanks all..
I am really enjoying the crab. It likes to change its shell 2-3 times a day (hermit butts are really ugly!) and is a very active 'lil guy..

Definitely make sure you have plenty of larger shells for him to move into.

I prefer to give my snails a good chance. I get bigger shells. You can find them in a craft store.

Boil the empty shells from the craft store for 10 minutes and then cool before adding them to the tank

thanks all..
I am really enjoying the crab. It likes to change its shell 2-3 times a day (hermit butts are really ugly!) and is a very active 'lil guy..

He's a cutie! I have to agree with you on the hermit butts....they have freaked me out since I was a kid and still do. We just acquired 2 land hermit crabs from a beach trip and have them in a 10 gallon of their own. Well, one night one of them decided to harrass another one and I found it out of it's shell and it totally freaked me out. It gives me the heeby jeebies for some reason....like seeing a really big spider with babies all over her....YIKES! :bowl:

I put several new shells in the tank and one of the crabs grabbed a shell about 3 sizes to big for it, but loves dragging it all over the tank. The other crab just likes to change 4-5 times a day, but keeps going back to it's original shell.

Back
Top Bottom