Angelfish Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Grabbed the camera this morn and got some pics of the week old free swimming angelfish fry in my 25g. Cute lil buggers; they're starting to color up, and the dorsal fin is JUST starting to appear (its so fine it isn't showing up in the pics yet). Figured I'd show a few off *grin*

Congrats, Alli! They're really cute!
It must be nice to hear the splish splash of little fins *grins*.

Is that yellowish bulge near the belly the yolksac?

Nope QT, those are fat lil fry bellies full of BBS! They lose the yolk sac around the time they become free swimming.

Dunno if I'll wind up with any adults LOL the rams find em pretty yummy, and the fry I separated and put into a 10g are nowhere near as robust. Not sure if its because the parents are raising the others or because they're in a mature planted tank. Next time I'll get a new tank, throw some plants in and move the angel parents in there to raise babies.

Oh and no cigars; they stink. A bottle of Dom P wouldn't go amiss tho ;)

Wheee! More pics; in one you can just about see the fins which are starting to grow- too cool! In the other, the lil guy was giving me the evil eye (he's definitely his father's son LOL).

Alli, great pics, that last bottom pic is the best!

I hope I'm going to be a daddy someday too, so I can come home and be like

"It's a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a girl, a boy, a boy, a girl, a girl, a boy, a girl, and a boy!"

LOL How the heck am I going to name em all??

Fins! We have obvious fins *grin* they are really starting to look like fish finally (yep..I'm impatient LOL).

Yeah, but the real question is will she be able to tell them apart? So Alli knows who's she's looking at she'll have to dress one in pink all the time, one always in red, etc etc :p

Back
Top Bottom