Angelfish plant tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I planted a madagascar lace fern bulb in my angelfish tank. Apparently the bulb likes all the fish poop. It's a 56 gallon tank 24 inches tall and the leaves are growing and growing. The second picture is the Siamese algae eaters I got to keep the bba under control. They do a great job and are fun to watch.

Attachments

• image-2134407865.jpg
    image-2134407865.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 234
  • image-660046300.jpg
    image-660046300.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 210
A planted tank recipe that is often underestimated. I swear by the same one!

Thanks. This is the mating pair that run the roost in there. They have been laying eggs every 10-14 days for a couple months now. The last two batches made it to the wiggler stage before they ate them. It seems to progress further every time, so hopefully they will catch on soon.

Attachments

• image-284863495.jpg
    image-284863495.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 215
Nice. You'll have to keep us posted on the lace bulb and the parents!

Hey nice tank and fish btw if u want ur angels spawn to more likely stay alive transfer your pair to a separate tank with something vertical in it. The spawn will more likely survive and not get eaten( easier for the parents to take care of them)

Just trying to convince the wife to let me start tank number 7. She already tells me I spend too much time on my tanks now. What can say I'm officially an aquarium addict.

I feel the same way except that I've only got a 55 gal but trying to get another but I'm only 13 so I dot get the funds fast but definetly an addict of fish keeping

Tanks Pics

Am extremely impressed with the tanks! Mine are more unconventional. I'm into experimenting with plants and ferts, so that's the reason for the pots. I use different substrates and liquids to see what works in low light and low tech.

B

Just an update. The lace fern is now over three feet long and clean as a whistle thanks to my Siamese algae eaters. They cleaned off the bba quick. They are fun to watch too. Now I'm just waiting to see where they will lay eggs next. They are just about due

Attachments

• image-4213821972.jpg
    image-4213821972.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 86
Sure you can ask. I got them at a local fish store named of course " the fish place". $2.50 each. They are smaller but from what I've read that's what you want. Once they become flake eaters, their appetite for algae fades away.

Back
Top Bottom