Anybody else first see features of fish with photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Quite often I first notice something about my fish after I have taken photos of them. The 'finer detail' of their features, if you will...

Recently I first saw Ich on a fish (and treated it) due to seeing it on a photo. It allowed me to catch it early, at that point it was very hard to see with the naked eye.

Here's the thread on that Ich attack, which shows progression from infected to clear in photos...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/clown-loach-can-anybody-confirm-ich-142972.html

But I've taken a few photos recently of my Syn Catfish that really amaze me. He is rarely still (or out in the open) so it's massively difficult to get any photo, but today (after a water change) he was out for about an hour swimming into the output from the filter then doing an occasional run back to his hidey hole.

Here's two from today that I think are awesome. Today is the first time that I have seen the yellow spikes on the underside of it's fins, how cool is that!? Never knew about them!

Synodontis Euptera | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Another photo from today, I really enjoy the nose of the Syn cat, I wonder if he can pick up FM radio?

Synodontis Euptera | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Another first sight today from a photo is that my Silver Dollars finally got their fin coloration on the tail fin! They've had orange bodies for a long time, but this red has come in on the biggest two just recently. Loving it!

Silver Dollar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I also got a nice photo (or ten) of my Oscar fish today.

Oscar Fish | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nothing new here, but it's nice to see a set of doting parents in the Cichlid tank...

Convict Cichlid | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nothing new here, but here's an Angel photo, too.

Angelfish | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Anyway, I honestly think the Syn cat is just so awesome because of it's looks... And the interesting thing is that I think I have had him now for 8 months or more, and have NEVER seen him actually eat anything. I've put food in there, sure, I know he MUST be eating something, but I have no idea what... What an awesome fish, lol.

Oh and also, if anybody can confirm the Syn cat is Euptera? That would be great. He's about 8-10 inches now at least.

Very awesome photos!

I can't say that I've noticed minute details after taking a picture. I'm sure that is because I don't have a camera that is capable of such detail!:bawl:

Well, I can't comment on seeing things after pictures but that is probably because you take the most awesome pictures ever! They are very clear and very clean. Great looking fish!

I love the pics of your syno.

Out of all our catfish, our synos are rapidly becoming my favorites. Yeah, even beating out the pictus.

We don't take many pictures but we do have some good ones of our synos trying to be front and center for the pics.

Back
Top Bottom