Baby Lemon Bristlenose Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meesh

Aquarium Advice Activist
He (or she) looks bigger in this close up pic. I'll know if it's a boy or girl when it's bigger and see the bristle pattern, but the name is Spike. 1478472300126.jpg I had one once before but lack of knowledge killed it. They can live up to 20 years I'm reading! So that made me feel worse, but I'm getting more serious about this hobby.

Also can help know male or female by the shape of the body, that one seems narrow, maybe a male. Can't see it from the top from that pic but if the main part of the body is more shaped like an arrow head - wider. Of course it is difficult to be sure, but try and see them from above and see if you can tell any differences.

I just got 6 (super red) and shared 2 with a friend, we picked a narrow and a wide one and they are just 2 inches long. Hoping that was a correct guess for a M & F! They will be sometimes 1.5 years before the big bristles seem to just pop out. My 3 albino were like that I thought I had 3 females till it seemed one day he had new larger bristles coming out.

These are for adults but thought it was interesting.
PlanetCatfish.com - The Catfish Basics Series, Part 8 • Telling the Boys From the Girls • Catfishology • Shane's World • www.planetcatfish.com

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom