Background change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife wanted to change the background on her tank to all black. Now, she's not sure if she really likes it. Just taking a poll. The first picture is before the change and the second is the black. Let me(her) know what you think is better looking. Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-1025316523.jpg
    image-1025316523.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 263
  • image-1705286881.jpg
    image-1705286881.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 234
I think the lighting looks a lot better in the first one because the room is darker so the tank has less reflections on it, but in any case I prefer the black background.

I will take a pic tonight when it's darker. Never thought of that part. Gotta compare apples to apples right?

Fdsh5 said:
I will take a pic tonight when it's darker. Never thought of that part. Gotta compare apples to apples right?

Yeah, comparing apples to camels is tricky!! Lol.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Ohh I really like the black! :)
The fish's colors stand out much more, and the plants/decor pop out. (IMO..)
I think the black looks grrreat!

Here is the black with similar lighting but it appears it's a winner already. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image-593393352.jpg
    image-593393352.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 189
Thanks we'll keep it that way. The algae on the wall shows up now though. Nothing a razor can't take care of.

Fdsh5,

Did you paint the back black or use a black (tape on ) background? Im at that phase right now. LFS suggests to go with a black background (and I see why on yours) just wondering if I should paint it or place a black tape on behind it.

Just the tape on background. Eventually may paint it but have to make sure that is the color the wife wants.

Black. I have tried that plastic background and messed up so bad several times until I listened and painted one now that is the only way to go. It isn't that hard to take it off if you don't like it. Flat black works the best.

Fdsh5 said:
My wife wanted to change the background on her tank to all black. Now, she's not sure if she really likes it. Just taking a poll. The first picture is before the change and the second is the black. Let me(her) know what you think is better looking. Thanks.

The first pik

Plans are in the works to paint it this summer. Thanks everyone for all the input. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom