Black Skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not so sure but don't black skirt tetra get to large for a 20, well the females anyway. Maybe im wrong though someone correct me if im wrong.

Nice BSTs! :)

But, yes, I do agree that they get too big and active for a 20. They get around two-three inches long and highly active, I'd recommend a 30 gallon long for one.

Im moving into a new house dec/january ill be getting a 55gallon to transplant them in currently have 6 BST, 1 skunk cory, 1 julii cory, 1 CAE

I bought play sand from HD it was 6.99 for 25KG lol.

After a 20L water change.

Skunk cory bigger of the two cories.

6 Black skirt tetra's settleing in.

DSC05702.jpg

DSC05706.jpg

the largest "black" shows up at 6cm/2.36" Black widow tetra Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, now as for active...mine seem happy to lazy around and only go into hyperdrive when its feeding time. 6 in a 20 long term may not work, and it really boils down to each group of fish..mine would be fine there due to them being lazy fish.

Black skirt tetras too large for a 20? Who advising actually keeps these? I have a few that are several years old and I wouldn't hesitate to put a group of 4 or 5 in a 20L or even a 20H. As far as activity goes, they are actually pretty calm compared to danios and lots of the other tetra species.

Well.... I might understand now why my Tetras are a bit of a bullies :) I have 5 in my 100l tank (26 US gallons)...
I'm changing my tank on Christmas though, see how's that gonna work :)

Black skirt tetras too large for a 20? Who advising actually keeps these? I have a few that are several years old and I wouldn't hesitate to put a group of 4 or 5 in a 20L or even a 20H. As far as activity goes, they are actually pretty calm compared to danios and lots of the other tetra species.

I have to agree that they are pretty calm compared to other more active fish like danios. I am not saying it can't be done if it's a small school like you mentioned, but after having kept them in both small and large tanks- I don't think I would ever recommend them for a 20H. IME, they can be great schoolers and swim around far more then some of my other smaller tetras (black neons, pristellas).

Nice tetras, Derekkaine!

Thanks much just finally got back into fish keeping , ill post more pics when i get my 55 gallon i wont be stocking anymore fish till next spring when i get my 55

Back
Top Bottom