Bristlenose Plecostomus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm practicing on how to spell plecostomus. Lol
Anyways I finally got my hands on a BN plecostomus! WooHoo! Happy Easter to me!
He is soo small and cute. Maybe an inch and a half long. Already flaring out at my GBR, not taking any bulling from him. ;)
He is still really shy of me and bolts when I come up to the tank. He'll warm up to me eventually. :)
He has already knows how to scare me. Lol
Doing a wc, and for the life of me I couldn't find him. Well he was in the bucket that had some decor in it, I always take some out so I can clean. I wonder if the parents teach them how to be helions? Sure is giving me gray hairs lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120412_100459.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120412_100459.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 161
  • ForumRunner_20120412_100507.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120412_100507.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 160
I'm practicing on how to spell plecostomus. Lol
Anyways I finally got my hands on a BN plecostomus! WooHoo! Happy Easter to me!
He is soo small and cute. Maybe an inch and a half long. Already flaring out at my GBR, not taking any bulling from him. ;)
He is still really shy of me and bolts when I come up to the tank. He'll warm up to me eventually. :)
He has already knows how to scare me. Lol
Doing a wc, and for the life of me I couldn't find him. Well he was in the bucket that had some decor in it, I always take some out so I can clean. I wonder if the parents teach them how to be helions? Sure is giving me gray hairs lol

Hi,
just wanted to say, its a shame you live that far away, i have just brought a tank off a friend which has a bristl-nose and a pleco, anyway
about a month ago they gave me approx 60 babies, which iv had to go and get a 30lt tank all eating me out of house and home greedy little buggers lol, now iv just found more :eek:. you could have had as many as you like lol, luckly my lfs has said they will buy them off of me, as long as they all go to a good home that's all i care about bless them.
im new to this site so ill have to try and sort out how you download pics to the site

dizzy from the uk :)

I am glad that I did find him that night. He is one of those fish that don't wiggle when out of water, just hangs on for dear life.
I just call him a he cus it easier to type. :p Right now he is too young for me to sex.
Welcome to AA Dizzy!
I only wish my lfs holds more of a verity of plecos. All they have are commons, sailfin, and rubbernose. Once and a great while they will have a BN. At one point I maybe overrun with ABN and BN plecos since I am planning on breeding them once they are older.

He was so cute when I got home, just laying on my amazon sword leaf. By the time I got my camera, he spooked and hid behind a rock. I hope he warms up to me soon, he is just too cute! :)

We've got a bristlenose and love him too, so characterful... Be warned though, they grow to be huge - we've seen some monsters!

ADJAFC said:
We've got a bristlenose and love him too, so characterful... Be warned though, they grow to be huge - we've seen some monsters!

Wow what kind of BN do you have? All of my albino bristlenose stay at 5 inches.

He's a bristlenose catfish, currently in the middle of a tank changeover and I've moved all his hiding spots (hence I've given him a plastic glass to hide in)... he's going to be the first one in his new home in the morning, hope he likes it (we're going from a 65ltr to 180 so quite a big upgrade).

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 140
Nice. Well if he gets too big, over ten inches, it will be a good excuse to get a bigger tank. ;)
Everywhere I have read the max size is 7 inches. How big is yours?

Me thinking huge would be a common or a sail fin plecostomus. I don't have that big of a tank, yet lol

Here is a couple more pictures of him ;)
A tummy pic and his hiding place after the camera spooked him. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120414_094522.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120414_094522.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20120414_094552.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120414_094552.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom