camera batteries (revisited)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have determined that my camera battery is the en-en1. When going online to replace it, I am finding that there are many different kinds out there and the one thing that is not the same amongst them is the number of mAh. I am assuming this is battery capacity. My OEM battery has a 650mAh and I am seeing much higher available. Is it ok to get the bigger capacity batteries? Will they too, work in the original charger? I know these are pretty stupid questions, but hey...I am "technically challenged" :)

ok, did some more reading and my understanding is the more the better and it can be charged on the same charger. If I am incorrect, please let me know !!

I am pulling my hair out trying to get stuff for this trip and am sure I am gonna
make mistakes or two buying stuff so please dont hesitate to correct me :oops:

I agree the more mAh the better, it will last longer ;) Not sure on the charger, it really depends on the charger. If the charger just charges for a specific amount of time then shuts down, then it can be charged, but will not get a complete charge. If the charger charges the battery for a specific amount of time and then goes to a trickle charge, it will fully charge the battery, but may take along time to completely charge. If the charger charges untill it detects resistance (probably not th proper term, but you get the idea) and then goes to trickle charge, it will work like it did with your previous battery.

Back
Top Bottom