Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about drip line irrigation connections, don't know but wondering if that could be a possible solution. I need a 90 degree elbow for a line I have to mount a clover shaped sponge filter - vertically instead of horizontally, that's what I will be looking for next as lfs don't have any.

It's a tempting thought! It would be very close to being right size. I think I have some in the shed to have a look at.

I think I now have:

2 x inline needle valves on way (to go with brewing kit brass splitter that doesn't fit co2 airline :( ).

1 x splitter with needle valves on way from UK (fingers crossed!)

2 x cheap inline splitters with needle valves on way (backup).

So tempted to just 'try out' the second tunze reactor tonight and make sure it all works. Then just plug in splitter when finally sorted or maybe garden connections would work with clamps.

The working tunze reacted has had the flow control removed as it was doing funny things and I want to run them flat out. So could just try that.

Well did nothing with co2 reactors. Stopped off at lfs to buy one punnet of plants to fill in a couple of spaces but of course it is always cheaper if you buy 5....

Well did nothing with co2 reactors. Stopped off at lfs to buy one punnet of plants to fill in a couple of spaces but of course it is always cheaper if you buy 5....

This rule applies to shoes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol lol.

Whoo-hoo! The inline co2 needle valve turned up and fits the co2 air line. Haven't actually tested it but fingers crossed!

Of course if the uk one fits this will now be a waste of money but progress at last.

And worse case is I think the drip connectors could be made to work now if all else fails.

(Fish keeping - such a satisfying art).

Last edited:
Updated plant list to try and keep a record somewhere. The corkscrew sword looks really neat. I'm hoping it will take off. First group are weeds, second think they might grow and last group is just hoping. One giant hygro left now - light too low for it.

Vallisneria (narrow and broad leaf).
Ambulia.
Hygrophila polysperma.

Alternanthera reineckii (red alt)
Java Ferns (narrow leaf).
Melon Sworda.

(Giant Hygro).
Rubra (stem plants)
Echinodorus augustifolia - Vesuvius (Corkscrew Sword)

How did I miss this tank thread? Nice work! I couldn't get the Vesuvius Swords to get going for me when I had them. They just lost leaves and did nothing. Hopefully you have better luck!

Really like the corkscrew swords. How big are they supposed to get?

Apparently get about half a foot (10 to 20cm) - might be tricky getting the light to them. So far the loaches have been leaving it alone and algae is low (apart from the red alt) so I'm hoping to get some growth. Fingers crossed!

Was buying all the Java ferns when this one got suggested. I had to email the store back as couldn't remember what it was :)

I know I should of gotten the second co2 line going first but was so fed up with the pruning of the fast growing plants they all got pulled out and these went in on the left side of tank instead. So far everything seems to be holding in the substrate. On the weekend I lifted a few plants slightly and tweaked some others.

Woke up at 4am this morning and decided to check the drop checker (as you do). The drop checker has a new solution by ISATA in it but it behaves the same as the the fluval one. I had to take a photo to compare but the drop checker was showing a blueish-green versus a medium green when CO2 is on. Some colour change anyways although very hard to pick against green plants. The electrical timer for the lights looks like it is staying permanently on so will have to pick up more timers this week.

Shifted the swords and a few other plants slightly further back as they were getting trampled at feeding time at front of tank. Fingers crossed. They looked ok at getting going, so if too damaged I think I will try some more. The rest of the new plants are staying planted which is always a bonus :)

A bn catfish turned up that I hadn't seen for a few weeks. Was starting to think I might have lost it but must of been hiding away. No young ones turning up though either.

Still waiting on the rest of the CO2 gear to turn up but I'm thinking I'll have to prune the centre back of the tank next and thin it out a bit. I actually did some pruning on the weekend but I really need the ladder to reach the middle.

74564-albums13177-picture70434.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70435.jpg

Really love those congos! The colour of them is beautiful. Your plant's look so healthy :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Shifted the swords and a few other plants slightly further back as they were getting trampled at feeding time at front of tank. Fingers crossed. They looked ok at getting going, so if too damaged I think I will try some more. The rest of the new plants are staying planted which is always a bonus :)

A bn catfish turned up that I hadn't seen for a few weeks. Was starting to think I might have lost it but must of been hiding away. No young ones turning up though either.

Still waiting on the rest of the CO2 gear to turn up but I'm thinking I'll have to prune the centre back of the tank next and thin it out a bit. I actually did some pruning on the weekend but I really need the ladder to reach the middle.

74564-albums13177-picture70434.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70435.jpg

I'm really liking The display in this tank especially the way the plants are built up in the middle, not to mention the fish. where most people switch from freshwater to salt this is making me want to switch back from Salt to fresh[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies :) I must admit little algae still and I love that I can cheerfully cut off any bits of the fast-growing stem plants that look bad and know that it will grow back within a week or two.

The congo tetras are going great. I always worry with the fish vs dosing plant ferts but they are doing well.

The UK CO2 line splitter turned up from the UK. Exciting night.....

Check fits CO2 line - tick :)

Check fits onto existing fittings - tick :)

Turn on - gas leak :(

Re-check packet, find o-ring and better seal results - tick :)

Turn on properly - main valve now leaks :(

Fiddle around with o-ring and re-seat, try once more and all good :)

Now to setup the second CO2 reactor some time :)

I think so (fingers crossed). Now I just need to get the second line going on the weekend and should get more co2 into the far side of the tank (I hope).

I think so (fingers crossed). Now I just need to get the second line going on the weekend and should get more co2 into the far side of the tank (I hope).

Sounds great.. Nothing better than making some improvements to your tanks over a weekend. Good excuse for a well deserved beer (Voddie for me) at the end of it.. Am I right?! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom