Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very true! Nice to get something back - the crypts were the best. Aponogetons should of gone for more but the store owner grows them out the back. But happy just to get it done and dusted else probably would of just dumped them eventually.

Tank has cleared a bit and looks ..... somewhat ..... boring lol. Still getting used to it. It's definitely simple. Needs another water change and remove more floating roots but getting there. Some anubias, lots of java fern and a clump of bolbitus - and I have to confess tank base is decently covered by plants so possibly, just maybe it was a bit jam-packed before.

74564-albums13177-picture71709.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture71708.jpg

Well - Australian prices :) But, much better than I thought. Should get a few big bags of substrate later on. Add some driftwood, etc, etc. Maybe some big pieces of driftwood.

And still got the little boxes that stick onto glass from Hans to try at some stage. And have a small bag left of good plant substrate for that.

I know, I know - so much space and extra volume with all the gravel and fake rocks gone. Down the track will just put back in the driftwood I have and some large pieces of driftwood and that will do it.

Photos of CO2 reactors - first one has never been cleaned really. Needs a clean but still running quiet even though a bit of dirt on it. Bubbles everywhere.

The second has much lower CO2 bubble count but is not as quiet and getting clogged with roots again. Needs I think a fourth clean.

Also need to do some tank testing on ammonia but mainly been testing pool so been a little slack. But testing pool a lot as was 36C (96F) last night from solar blanket.

74564-albums13177-picture71713.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture71714.jpg

Added back in some driftwood - few small pieces. My excuse is it was for the catfish / maybe hide the CO2 reactors but all that space in tank is disconcerting...

Lol - they are just about using binoculars to see each other.

Thinking I’ll pull down small tanks on weekend.

The aquarium society cichlid tank has BGA so we are trying furan 2 and doxycycline - unfortunately no erythromycin here. Not even sure the doxycycline (tetracycline type) will do much in hard water. But I’ve got plenty of furan 2 so fingers crossed.

Small tanks packed away on the weekend. I don’t think the shrimp will make it but caught 2 dozen and put them in the large tank.

Missed a few nights feeding fish and I think the buce has been nibbled on. Darn it - took weeks to grow those leaves.

Ok, a leaving member kindly dropped off some society gear I said I could help out with. Plus about 20kg of the power sand and a few pieces of driftwood. Yet to check it out to see what it looks like.

Not sure. Still sitting out in backyard. Yet to check out. I don’t think it is true sand as he said plant roots can get into it. Free I guess.

That is Super power substrate. I was going to say there are a couple kinds of free.

As in I now have 100 pounds of free substrate and it is only 50% Clown Puke - now what am I going to do with it? lol Or I just got $150 of serious player substrate and I am set! Yipee!!!

Do you know how long it was used, like used up or still full of nutrients?

Still in the bag so might as well take it with me I’m thinking. Never heard of it though. But still thinking ferns so the pumice sounds ok. Guessing they can attach to that.

Never thought of that - it might do to without some capping or something. I'll try a bit on the weekend (goes off to get torch to check bag outside....).

Back
Top Bottom