Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tetras have settled well with the dozen of them spreading out.

Just drained large tank to treat BBA on Anubias with H2O2. That plant is getting quite big now.

Still to test CO2 pH probe and likely adjust it up but fairly minor.

Last edited:
Still to test CO2 probe ph haha (sigh).

Water change on all three tanks done. The main tank really needs to be rescaped soon but ignoring that. Most plants up the back haven’t gotten very tall and the bolbitis / large Anubis are spreading too well. Oh well :)

Shrimp tank is getting a lean on it. One side sinking into foam eek. On the do list.

Still to test CO2 probe ph haha (sigh).

Water change on all three tanks done. The main tank really needs to be rescaped soon but ignoring that. Most plants up the back haven’t gotten very tall and the bolbitis / large Anubis are spreading too well. Oh well :)

Shrimp tank is getting a lean on it. One side sinking into foam eek. On the do list.

Pretty rare not to have a "to do" list! I don't know what that looks like :rolleyes:.

As for the foam, hoping it's the foam and not the table!

Lol same - hoping it’s not the kitchen bench (guess I could get a tank to put on other side to balance it out)...

I have some driftwood in order but could be another few weeks.

Finally adjusted ph probe last night and running over night the fish are still alive bwahaha.

Calibrated new ph pen and it looks like the ph probe reads 0.2 or so under.

Then it went downhill - put probe in glass of ph 4 calibration solution but when I lifted up probe meter it must of pulled the probe out of glass.

Result was glass of water down tank backing and probe fell 2 metres sigh. Amazingly the probe didn’t smash and then I put a wooden spoon between tank backing and glass to let it dry with no watermarks.

Fiddled with ph probe cutout and seems better. Will check tonight.

I need to rescape plants by height but for the moment..

cfa1f52f9148eb9858ba09702bbb7606.jpg

03071c06998804828aae047cc9f1b805.jpg

f3240aef636b80c7ad21273414c50d35.jpg

Was watching the ninja shrimp last night and wishing the driftwood would hurry up in post. Ordered it on the 13 July (sigh), it’s arrived in country I think and guess under quarantine (double sigh).

Oh god! And when it finally gets there your going to have to soak it. Took mine a month to get waterlogged.

Sadly nothing - thinking I might have to re-buy. Over a month now. Looks like it shipped out fine but been waiting ages :(

Left the Anubias too long out of water last change (big sigh). The leaves curled and hoped it would come back but just looks bad now. Oh well - give it a trim.

5a3c65ac8ed0511eafe5d8dad8d14208.jpg

Just trimming the bad leaves off, right? Stem should be fine. That is too bad, I have had a same experience, mine was, forgot to add more water to the container I was temporarily keeping it in whilst rearranging things. It only took a few hours.

Could you have a look at my post about my java fern. It looks similar, and it did start to happen a week or so after i took them out to give them a bit of a trim and remove all the plantlets. It was maybe out of the water on a table in the back yard for maybe an hour. Maybe being out of the water too long is what caused my issue.
Left the Anubias too long out of water last change (big sigh). The leaves curled and hoped it would come back but just looks bad now. Oh well - give it a trim.

5a3c65ac8ed0511eafe5d8dad8d14208.jpg

I do find they don’t cope well being out of water which seems a bit weird to me. Ferns and fine leaf plants shrivel up after an hour or two but I thought the Anubias would be ok as such a tough plant - lesson learnt I guess. I’ll trim it back :(

Pruned 15 or so bad leaves off the Anubias in main tank and changed the base around on shrimp tank so it no longer leans over (fingers crossed!).

The driftwood finally (finally) arrived so I added that to shrimp tank as well. Pretty tempted to get a betta (and put shrimp elsewhere) but I know that would be more work and trying to cut back :)

Couple of photos. Put some Anubias in one of the other tanks to see how it goes.

Shrimp tank of ninja shrimp
228d1aa6108b324cfd023bf2c187d5c6.jpg

Lemon tetra tank.

f5a65a46b2da639911fac19cfa208c88.jpg

Main tank

cdc67b9ea8e4b984d7a3946a1d2597ec.jpg

Things are looking very nice in the tanks (hope the Anubias takes off and recovers.)

How are the Tiger Barbs doing. They look nice, a bright pop of stripes!

The Lemon Tetras look great. They are mature looking and sharp!

Back
Top Bottom