Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you I just added one mystery snail to my aquarium when I introduced the panda Cory. I wanted to be prepared for how big they get and to sex it once full grown.

It’s a bit suspicious all four new plants of Hygrophila pinnatifida have the centres missing after checking last night. Soon as I can I’ll shift one to the low light tetra tank for hopefully safe keeping.

It’s a bit suspicious all four new plants of Hygrophila pinnatifida have the centres missing after checking last night. Soon as I can I’ll shift one to the low light tetra tank for hopefully safe keeping.

Late night snacker?

Couple of photos of tetra tank.

defbb875eb86c321493eb7042b4d8ab7.jpg

57e95069ce88df5b70f5241bb12ebb0d.jpg

I'm gonna start scaping 2 tanks next month with our first live plants. They're just holding fish for my 150g until I get it up and running soon. One is a 46g bow and the other is a 36g bow. 46 will have rams and neons, 36 apistogramma and something. I'll hit you up to help me, I don't know a thing about plants or planting them etc

I'm gonna start scaping 2 tanks next month with our first live plants. They're just holding fish for my 150g until I get it up and running soon. One is a 46g bow and the other is a 36g bow. 46 will have rams and neons, 36 apistogramma and something. I'll hit you up to help me, I don't know a thing about plants or planting them etc

Sounds great for the plants. Going low light or CO2 injected?

Me neither on planting :)

I might have to put some more plants back into large fish tank sigh.

The Hygrophila pinnatifida has been cleaned out except for the bit I rescued and put in another tank. That piece is getting some new growth albeit slowly as low light.

The ambulia is also slowly getting cleaned out. The swords, crypts, anubias, ferns are all fine.

Thinking it’s either the two mystery snails added recently or just so few plants in there now after rescape. Or they are just ganging up [emoji35]

Also have been looking at getting a wifi water leak detector. Just in case tank ever cracked or left a tap on.

Strange, plant gobblers! Sometimes they just get a taste for things. I had a number of Angels for years which didn't eat the plants, and then I saw them yanking off bites / hunks all the time. (Same story with Neons Tetras :eek: )

With the recent unexpected freezing weather in nearby states, I also think I need to get battery back up air pumps. I have a thing I can hook up to the car battery. The water alarm is also one of those things!

The ambulia is sadly just about all shredded and thinking of replacing with val at back of tank. Swords are starting to get a going over as well :( Convinced it’s the fish but yet to see a culprit in action.

In other news the CO2 bottle did usual trick of finishing on a Monday so hope to replace bottle on weekend coming. :)

Hi Delapool, have you tried increasing the light? Do you have an estimate of the PAR they are receiving?

Um, moderate :) Still have the Seneye par meter somewhere. The LED light only comes on for an hour and one bulb on the quad T5HO doesn’t work so I’m thinking less light than I have run previously. Slower paced tank.

Um, moderate :) Still have the Seneye par meter somewhere. The LED light only comes on for an hour and one bulb on the quad T5HO doesn’t work so I’m thinking less light than I have run previously. Slower paced tank.

Get the Seneye out [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom