Desktop aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZcarFR-S

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I decided to put a tank on my desk at work it's a 5g tank any idea on what to put in there?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406927283.098087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would get a few neon tetras, they are colorful and energetic. Maybe a pair of platys? Any of the live bearers are hard to kill sooooo can't go wrong there.

Well I am looking for small fish that school rather than have 1 or 2 fish. I know in a 5g really limited on what and how any I can have

I would go with some tetras then, they will school together. I would get 6-9. I know a 5g tank is small but it should be fine so long as you keep the tank running, filtered, and aerated.

Yea I also thought about maybe using it as a isolation tank for new arrivals I prefer to buy baby animals as I like to watch them grow soon me and the wife are moving to a 55g at home so could maybe get a baby jack Dempsey?

You could do that, just make sure you switch it to the bigger tank before it gets to big... You should get the electric blue jack dempseys.

Yea that's the plan I would t be cruel and keep an animal like that in such a small tank. And agreed the electric blues are beautiful

Yea I also thought about maybe using it as a isolation tank for new arrivals I prefer to buy baby animals as I like to watch them grow soon me and the wife are moving to a 55g at home so could maybe get a baby jack Dempsey?

Won't it be rather cramped with you and the wife in a 55 gallon tank?
:D

Ohh that's funny no we are upgrading our tank to a 55g. But thanks for your useless and childish response.

Ohh that's funny no we are upgrading our tank to a 55g. But thanks for your useless and childish response.

geez, somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.

It's just fish stuff dude, no need to get so serious or take it personally.
I am continually amazed at the complete lack of a sense of humor at this forum.:confused:

for what it's worth, I would opt for a pair of cory cats, 6-8 cardinal tetras, and maybe 2-3 hatchets of some type. That way you have activity at the bottom, middle and top.

My bad was in a pretty bad mood work sucks

Funny how your bad mood transcends the boundaries of your finger tips? ? I put my coffee mug down harder and I feel better.. so back to the real deal, your small tank would really be best with a nice betta, think about it? ? Low maintanence, pretty fish that stares at you all day... no schooling fish should go in that tank aside from cpd's. . They're usually hard to come by so... get the Betta and a couple nerite snails and enjoy the low key, easy tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom