FINALLY I took a nice Oto pic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woot! After about 30 attempts (and messing about with settings) I got this pic - I can't wait for new lighting, as pics will be so much easier to take then!

14767675_b327e1912c.jpg

(This pic is ULed to the gallery already, and pending approval, in case you can't view outside images or w/e.)

That's a broccoli stem he's chowin on - sure enough, no one touched it for the first 24 hours, then the otos were all over it. (Broccoli nuked for 33 secs in a mug of water, cut open so I didn't have to 'peel' it and anchored into the gravel.)

I just now noticed the red coloration under his eye - should I be concerned? Hrm. . .

Here's a link to a 1024x version of the pic if you want to see it larger.

Great shot!!! (y)

I wouldn't be too concerned about the redness. My otos all had it when I first got them, but now after almost 2-3 months, it's reduced quite a bit. Still see some redness, but I think that may never go away, since I'm keeping them in water that is very likely not the same as where they were caught.

Wow! Glad to hear it's acceptance; I thought it was good, but not that good - it's not quite as crisp as I'd like, but thanks all! :D

Back
Top Bottom