FinePix S7000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lreilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my new camera. It is a Fuji Finepix S7000, :D so when I figure out how to use it I will get some pictures out there. Does any one have this camera and have any tips that may help me in operating it? I

I thin one of our members Sumphead, has that camera. I also think he's busy fixing a basement and might not get to this thread immediately, lol. There is lot's of generalized photo taking information in the Showoff/Photography forum ;)

I did not think that I would get to many replys, but it does not hurt to ask. And poor guy. New to the whole fish, glass, and water angle. I will read up on what you guy have here on photography. Thanks

Everyone needs a break from water damage every now and then. What better way to spend it then here. I have the S7000 and it rocks. However I am still no expert at it's use. I can suggest however that until you get the hang of the manual settings use the auto settings but still use the manual focus. I use the one time auto focus to get close then manual from there for fine detailing. Use the flash whever possible. A slight upward angle will reduce the glare back off the glass. I also always use the 12.1 MegaPixal iterpolated size setting as you lose very little when resizing the photo and the larger image is easier to edit. And will all pictures of aquaria use a tripod whenever possible.

More later if I get a chance...

HTH,
R-

Thanks for the information. I have been playing with it and realized that I really need a tri pod. I had no idea that I was so shaky. I will get one this week. I mastered the auto focus :wink: , but it's going to take some time before I am good at complete manual.

Back
Top Bottom