First D70 Fish Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verse914

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright, here are some first fish shots from me with the D70. My filters need some maintenance as you can tell (tiny specs in the background), but Ill get to that another time :D But overall I think theyre turning out decent. Hopefully Ill get my macro lense soon, so I can take alot better pics. Let me know what you think...comments, suggestions...

mararocks1_D70.jpg

aulon_OBpeacock1.jpg

baenschi2_D70.jpg

frontosa1_d70.jpg

spilonotus1_d70.jpg

Beautiful shots, as always!
How do you like the D70?
Does this mean that you are retiring the Sony F828? You've taken some amazing shots with that camera.

Thanks everyone.

Qtoffer
Im really loving this camera. The 828 is technically retired. I sold it to a guy who will be picking it up in a few weeks, so I still have time to take some last shots. It will be missed though. There are some features that the D70 doesnt have that I liked on the Sony, such as the tilt lense, two memory cards in at once, and the ability to see what your shooting through the lcd. Even without those, this camera is much more fun. It shoots amazingly fast and focuses even faster! I also like the feel of it better and even though its bigger than the 828, its still lighter (but that will depend on what lense I have on the D70). The Nikon also gives you a much larger selection of ISOs than what the 828 does. The two largest downfalls with the 828 was that anything over ISO 200 wasnt worth keeping. The second being that it way oversaturated the blues in the picture even when set all the way down (I have pics that show this).

These were actually my second photo shoot of fish, but they didnt turn out very well. So they are improving the more I shoot. Hopefully next time the pics will be even better 8)

Back
Top Bottom