Flower Pot Gonipora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It usually takes 6-8 months for them to start to deteriorate. There are two varieties though with one (I can't remember which) being more hardy than the other. Perhaps you have the more hardy variety. Nice pic!

I wish you the best of luck. I had one (notice the word had). I had it for at least 6 months if not longer and then it just started to not have its polyps as open and streached like usual and then over a few weeks period the tisseue started dieing off and the entire thing bleached out. Had to go on a trip and when I came back all I had was its coral skeliton.

I know another person who had one for over 2 years and it was acutally growing like mad. Then like a switch was flipped it started to regress and over a period of months it died on him.

The 'experts' are not fully sure on its exact needs but many people have suggested that this coral will do best in less than optimal water quality. (ie it prefers dirty water to clean).

I guess I will have to enjoy while it lasts.

My tank is relatively new, so I can easily plan on putting something else where the FlowerPot is.
Thanks,
SDF :D

I think the picture looks awesome... They do have dismal track records however how are we supposed to learn as to how to keep them if no one tries at all.. They are Extremely Awesome looking.. Best of luck and Keep us all informed as to How everything is going with it..

James

Back
Top Bottom