fw 150gal Diary/Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love the tank stand combo. it looks like its all one piece, is it? Got any closer pics of where the tank and stand meetup?

love the tank stand combo. it looks like its all one piece, is it? Got any closer pics of where the tank and stand meetup?
no its not 1 piece.... the cool thing is that the tank actually drops into the stand bout an inch to an inch and a half.

its actually 3 pieces
thanks for the comment

The pieces of DW i purchased were malaysian DW and the were "prepped" by the dealer. I put them in my tank and in about 4 days it turned a nice yellow color. Now I dont mind it and my fish love it. But I wasnt expecting it. Tank looks fantastic cant wait to see the next progression!

new decor 005.jpg
new decor 010.jpg
new decor 009.jpg
new decor 008.jpg

so i ran to home depot and grabbed some big chunks of flagstone.....yellow colored rocks, and the lfs to grab some smooth river type rocks. the flagstones are about a square foot apiece so you can imagine how big the center "hut" is.
i tried hiding one of the eel pipes that come out of the sand with this funky rock with the holes. i dont know if im going to keep it like that or not. just kind of experimenting.

Attachments

• new decor 005.jpg
    new decor 005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 74
  • new decor 010.jpg
    new decor 010.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 79
  • new decor 009.jpg
    new decor 009.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 83
  • new decor 008.jpg
    new decor 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 97
Other than the eel what do you plan on stocking this tank with? You could easily stack some Texas Holey Rock to hide the PVC.

well right now, I have 4 irridescent sharks, 2 pictus catfish, 1 seven inch pleco, and1 hammers cobalt blue lobster.

i may get somethin else but i havent been able to research much latley, so its gonna stay like this for awhile. also, my id sharks havent eaten since ive put them in here, so that will change things if they die

oops.....forgot the purple spotted gudgeon

Attachments

• new red l.e.d set-up 001.jpg
    new red l.e.d set-up 001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 100
  • new red l.e.d set-up 002.jpg
    new red l.e.d set-up 002.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 93
  • new red l.e.d set-up 003.jpg
    new red l.e.d set-up 003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 74
on to the process of covering the pvc with something more natural looking. i wanted to be able to break down the pvc in the event that i lose a fish or for emergency maintainance. i thought of glue, painting, and who knows what else.
I finally settled on rubber bands and rubber plants....who knows how well it will hold up, but its easy to break down. the plants that i used are actually lizard terrarium rubber plants. i just liked the look.
Anyways, here is the job partially done. i didnt get enough plants:rolleyes:
covered pvc 001.jpg
covered pvc 002.jpg
covered pvc 004.jpg
covered pvc 005.jpg

Attachments

• covered pvc 001.jpg
    covered pvc 001.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 86
  • covered pvc 002.jpg
    covered pvc 002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 98
  • covered pvc 004.jpg
    covered pvc 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 71
  • covered pvc 005.jpg
    covered pvc 005.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 86
looking good I'd say the fake plants were the best way to go!
yeah, the more i researched planted tanks, the more i realized that i couldnt do it with the fish that i have. no biggy though. i just picked up my 220 gallon today, so im gonna start a build on it tommorrow.

I used rubber bands in my fresh water tank once around my filter to hold down a silicone tube for CO2 and the rubber band looked like it got eaten away at. Yours still holding?

I used rubber bands in my fresh water tank once around my filter to hold down a silicone tube for CO2 and the rubber band looked like it got eaten away at. Yours still holding?
yeah, but they havent been in there long. do you think i should use something else? what would you recommend?

I use fishing line its mostly invisible and wont break down for years and years. Rubber bands are definately going to fail you and even zip ties will get brittle they may not break on thier own but oh well right!

Back
Top Bottom