ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to show off this picture :D
img_711633_0_54b423d3f8949f4b4c8ca20a0830dc6b.jpg

that is an amano shrimp, not a gohst. I had amano shrimp sold to me as ghosties too. Amanos are great, awsome algea cleaners.

This is a ghost shrimp.

img_711738_0_648c2f35a236b990255c4eac57018bc3.jpg

nice shrimp. How much did you pay for it, because amanos run anywhere from 2-7 bucks, i paid 35 cents for my amanos.

Yeah, thanks. This shrimp was a donation from a friend who'd had enough of his tank. He's been in my posession for about 24 hours now so at least I know what I have now!

ya amanos are much better. bigger also. they kinda creep me out. i really like my ghost shrimp for some reason. but u buy 10 and they are gone in like 2 months lol. here is one of my guys.
img_712663_0_1dd93031b230e2598c6a053ade2857dc.jpg

My ghosties dont get eayen, i ust find their littlew bodies everywhere. They turn bright pink after they die. I have had my amanos longer, and i think they are much better! I say they are hardier because they survived a gravel change and a ton of bacterial blooms when my ghosties seem to die if i have ammonia or nitirite spikes. I have only had very minor ones but the ghosties still die.

I would like to find some more amanos. I had a look at some actual ghosties recently and I like my amano better! Now I just have to find an lfs that actually has some! I'm glad I know what I'm looking for now!

Back
Top Bottom