GloFish pics and info.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thrawn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys if you have any questions about Glofish just ask. Post pics of your Glofish and yeah have fun give info.

You aren't suppose to breed them it illegal. So yeah idk.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the glofish frys are about 5 days old

do you know what i can feed them

and what can i feed the fry glofish

I have been feeding them brine shrimp but they not eating it

also looking how often you do water changes

they are cosmic blue and purple glofish

any info will be great

thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Glofish guy, stop posting back to back, if you want to add something to a recent post please use the edit function to your previous post.

And please try to stay on topic, this thread is about glofish, thank you.

Last edited:
crush up flakes for the fry, the brine shrimp are most likely too big for them to eat

why is it illegal to breed them? you can't stop fish from breeding when you bring them home

You can't sell them but you can breed them. Also, are you using newly hatched brine shrimp or just brine shrimp? I would definitely do the crushed up flakes if you are not hatching your own brine shrimp as stated before. think they may sell a frozen baby brine shrimp now. If you can't get ahold of that just put some flakes in a plastic baggie, seal it up, and run a rolling pin over it until its powdered. I'm way late posting but for future references :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey I was wondering if you could keep a couple in a 3 gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Probably a pair and how do they mate?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Don't put any in a three gallon they are genetically modified zebra danios tiger barbs and skirt tetras all which need schools and at least 10-20 gallons. They spawn they chase each other around the female lays the eggs the male fertilizes them, they scatter around, and then most of the eggs if not all get eaten if you don't have marbles or other means of keeping other fish away.

Certain temperature or it just depends on how many there are?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I thought because they're illegal to breed that only one gender was legal to sell? Maybe it is different in different areas? My understanding is it's illegal because they don't want any to be let go into the wild because they are genetically modified. Idk why stopping people from breeding them prevents this xD

Ohhh ok :) that makes a lot more sense then the way it was explained to me

Back
Top Bottom