goldfish storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
here's some shots of my 30 long that is currently a goldfish storage tank / experiemental filtration tank.

goldfish1.jpg

goldfish2.jpg

in one of these shots, you can sort of see my diy'd overflow

gravel is a 60/40 mix of sand and kitty litter, capped witih river pebbles.

plants really like it, but the gold fish like to eat plants, so I can't keep many in here :(

I also have some livebearer studs in here that have been removed from my main tank to prevent inbreeding.

Your livebearers don't harass your goldfish? I had to go buy a whole new tank to hold my (at the time) 3 goldfishes because my mollies and platies were attacking my goldfishes. Created a couple of open sores on them before we could get them out of the tank...

hrmm ... not that i've noticed.

they seem to get along good.

the goldfish are like 20x the size of the mollies and platies, which might help?

the goldfish are like 20x the size of the mollies and platies, which might help?

Yours look like they are about the same size as mine. My goldfish were much larger than the platties and mollies, but they still were not leaving the goldfish alone. They were together for less than 48 hours (before I was able to go out and buy a new 30 gallon home for the golds) and they had already had several open sores on them from the little guys. I used melafix and everything turned out ok, but I really wasn't happy about having to get the new tank since I had just purchased the 55 gallon tank just two days earlier. It's not easy trying to cycle two tanks at the same time, but I had none of the other tanks were suitable for them. :(

Back
Top Bottom