Help With USB Storage Device.. :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I took a bunch of pictures of my aquariums in order to put them up on here. Normally I use a USB Storage Device to upload them (it has a place where you put the memory card and then you connect it to the computer, as opposed to uploading straight from the camera).

However, when I got back from Break and went to upload them, my computer will recognize the device but not the card. I tried going to the "temporary drive" that's supposed to be created when I put the card in so I can drag-and-drop the pictures, but it said "Unavailable due to I/O device error." The card works fine in the actual camera-- one of my other (empty) memory cards was recognized, but the other extra I have wasn't. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling both the driver and the actual hardware.

I am running Windows XP. The camera is a Canon PowerShot A40, and the cards are Memorex CompactFlash 128 MB Memory Cards. The USB device just says USB Reader/Writer on the back.

Any ideas? :/

Format the spare card thats not reading and see if that corrects the error. If it does then upload images with the camera and then format the card with the images on it.

If that does not help then I would suggest you contact the card reader tech support folks.

Oh. Either way use the camera to upload your photos to your PC so as to not lose your images.

I don't have the camera cord with me. I'm going to try it on a different computer...

If that doesn't work...oh well... :(

EDIT: ...er....I found the camera cord! Yaaay!

Wish I knew what was up with the USB still, but I'll try what you suggested. Thanks a bunch. :D

Back
Top Bottom